[Cvsnt] Newbie: How to read history. Login hangs for 1 person

Wolfram Kuss Wolfram.Kuss at t-online.de
Wed Jan 2 14:02:39 GMT 2002

Hi,

Some time ago I set up a cvsnt server on a Win2k machine. First of
all, how can I read the history file? It is only partly human
readable, for example at the beginning of each line there is a strange
string that may be the date and time in some code? If I understand
correctly, under Linux, there is a program that displays the history
file?

Also, 1 person has problems logging in. He gets a timeout. All other
persons, including me, have no such problems. Here is his description,
starting with the putput from a WinCVS 1.2 session. The first error
seems to be unconnected to CVS IMHO, and means the Internet connection
is bad.

------------ snip -------------------------

"-cvs -d :pserver:chronus at 195.212.87.218:c:/cvs login
(Logging in to chronus at 195.212.87.218)
-cvs [login aborted]: connect to 195.212.87.218:2401 failed: No route
host

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

-cvs -d :pserver:chronus at 195.212.87.218:c:/cvs login (in directory
D:\wincvs\WinCvs120)
(Logging in to chronus at 195.212.87.218)
-cvs [login aborted]: connect to 195.212.87.218:2401 failed:
Connection
timed out

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****"

CVS seems to hang, and three or four minutes pass by until I finally
get an
answer to my attempted connection.

I'm sure that I did everything the right way, so I wonder if this
isn't some
kind of issue with different versions. Another thing, a friend of mine
who
has worked with CVS said there were patches and some issues with
these. I
have no problems connecting to the Falcon 4 Unified Team
forum/site/test
files server, I do so by means of login and password also.

If you need more info, tell me.

Keep up the good work!

Bye bye,
Wolfram Kuss.