[Cvsnt] Expose CVSNT to internet

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Jan 8 10:39:27 GMT 2002

Tony Wu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was using CVSNT on a Windows 2000 machine. If I expose the CVSNT server
> to the internet via a router, will there be any security problems? Will
> hackers break
> into the system easily because of the CVSNT server?

It's pretty secure...  pserver isn't great, though, because its passwords are

sent over easily decryptable.  However for an anonymous or low security
cvs project then pserver is just fine.

There is next to no chance of anyone being able to break into your
system via cvs as long as your cvs passwords are different from your
user passwords (possibly not even if you make them the same.. if you're
behind a firewall I can't see how they could get in anyway).

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv