[Cvsnt] I thought I had it figured out :(

Rob rhd at sparta.com
Wed Jan 9 18:25:21 GMT 2002

Hi Tony!

> Is the server part of a domain?  In this case the server will always
> check the domain rather than the local server.

Yes, the server is a member of the domain, but there are NO domain users
on the server.  I have nothing but local users... is this a problem?

> The 'no such user' error is always the result of not being able to
> find a real user.

Do you mean a real user in the LOCAL maching for the DOMAIN?  In my case,
'asdf' is a local user... but not a domain.  Again, is this a problem?

My goal is to have a pserver setup that ONLY authencates against the
password of the account of the local machine.  Can this be done without
using the passwd file? I also want per-user permissions...

reason: I want ppl to be able to connect via linux too.

I thought this would accomplish this:
pserver = ON
pserver impersonation = OFF
ntserver = OFF
ntserver impersonation = OFF
systemAuth = ON  (But i'm starting to figure out this only works for
ntserver)

Thanks for your time :)

-Rob