[Cvsnt] cvswrappers file?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Jan 10 01:00:32 GMT 2002

Works for me for import as well as add's with CVSNT 10.8 (look I used to
work for a bank - no software that is less than 5 years old allowed -
seriously - and it saved them A LOT of hassle, caused them a lot of hassle
too... :) ).

Can anyone confirm or deny if cvswrappers is broken for 'add' in CVS 11 ?

Here is our cvswrappers:

# This file affects handling of files based on their names.
#
# The -t/-f options allow one to treat directories of files
# as a single file, or to transform a file in other ways on
# its way in and out of CVS.
#
# The -m option specifies whether CVS attempts to merge files.
#
# The -k option specifies keyword expansion (e.g. -kb for binary).
#
# Format of wrapper file ($CVSROOT/CVSROOT/cvswrappers or .cvswrappers)
#
#  wildcard	[option value][option value]...
#
#  where option is one of
#  -f		from cvs filter		value: path to filter
#  -t		to cvs filter		value: path to filter
#  -m		update methodology	value: MERGE or COPY
#  -k		expansion mode		value: b, o, kkv, &c
#
#  and value is a single-quote delimited value.
# For example:
*.class -k 'b'
*.xpt -k 'b'
*.java -k 'b'
*.java.comp -k 'b'
*.jar -k 'b'
*.gif -k 'b'
*.exe -k 'b'
*.dll  -k 'b'
*.dsp -k 'b'
*.dsw  -k 'b'
*.ncb -k 'b'
*.opt -k 'b'
*.ilk -k 'b'
*.lib -k 'b'
*.pch -k 'b'
*.idb -k 'b'
*.frm -k 'b'
*.svc -k 'b'
*.rpt -k 'b'
*.aps -k 'b'
*.urr -k 'b'
*.dol -k 'b'
*.hlp -k 'b'
*.doc -k 'b'
*.xls -k 'b'
*.trx -k 'b'
*.exp -k 'b'
*.aaa -k 'b'
a.out -k 'b'
*.rtf -k 'b'
*.zip  -k 'b'
*.jar  -k 'b'
*.pdf -k 'b'
*.ico -k 'b'
*.bmp -k 'b'
*.plg -k 'b'
*.res -k 'b'
*.at -k 'b'
*.001 -k 'b'
*.002 -k 'b'
*.003 -k 'b'
*.004 -k 'b'
*.005 -k 'b'
*.006 -k 'b'
*.007 -k 'b'
*.008 -k 'b'
*.009 -k 'b'
*.dbf -k 'b'
*.lnk -k 'b'
*.inf -k 'b'
*.ps -k 'b'
*.pdf -k 'b'
*.pcd -k 'b'
*.reg -k 'b'
*.sek -k 'b'
*.mpp -k 'b'
*.vcp -k 'b'
*.min -k 'b'
*.ppt -k 'b'
*.mem -k 'b'
*.age -k 'b'
*.wmf -k 'b'
*.c -k 'k'
*.h -k 'k'
*.rc -k 'k'
*.cpp -k 'k'
*.mak -k 'k'
*.def -k 'k'
*.err -k 'k'
*.war -k 'k'
*.sqt -k 'k'
*.cmd -k 'k'
*.emx -k 'k'
*.cgi -k 'k'
*.conf -k 'k'
Todo -k 'k'
*.ini -k 'k'
*.csv -k 'k'
*.info -k 'k'
*.sh -k 'k'
*.xml -k 'k'
*.css -k 'k'
*.xsl -k 'k'
*.asn -k 'k'
*.ini -k 'k'
*.htm -k 'k'
*.html -k 'k'
*.log -k 'k'
*.sql -k 'k'
*.txt -k 'k'
*.bat -k 'k'
readme* -k 'k'
install -k 'k'
changelog -k 'k'
news -k 'k'
todo -k 'k'
copying -k 'k'
*.texi -k 'k'
*.note -k 'k'
*.nws -k 'k'
*.tex -k 'k'
*.diz -k 'k'
*.pdm -k 'b'
*.pdb -k 'b'

Dont ask me why *.java is in there as binary, just noticed that myself...

Regards,

Arthur Barrett