[Cvsnt] cvswrappers *.* -k 'b'

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Sat Jan 12 20:24:36 GMT 2002

Brian Smith wrote:

> I don't like keyword expansion and I never use it. In addition, my users
> are likely to check in a bunch of binary files (because our __source
> code__ is stored in proprietary binary file formats). So, I would like
> to have CVS treat all files as binary for keyword expansion unless
> otherwise told so.

This really defeats the object of using CVS at all.  CVS is designed for

storing text.  It will store binary but it is very inefficient to do so,
and changes can be lost as there is no merging or enforced locking...
It's OK for a few documents but trying to store your entire source tree
is asking for trouble.

In this case I would recommend using a different source control system.
  You will find it difficult to make cvs do what you want to do and it
will be a very non-optimal solution.

CVSNT converts newlines to the native file format in text only.  This is
almost always what you want (in fact I can't think of a legitimate
reason to do it any other way).

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv