[Cvsnt] cvswrappers *.* -k 'b'

Joachim Achtzehnter joachima at netacquire.com
Mon Jan 21 20:04:30 GMT 2002

Mike Brown wrote:

> Well it's a one-way conversion, it seems.
>
> I have files with Unix style newlines (LF) in a Unix based CVS repository.
> If a Windows user wants to edit these files, the newlines will be converted
> to DOS style (CR+LF) upon checkout when using cvsnt. When the user is done
> editing the file and goes to commit, it will be committed as-is, screwing up
> the diffs.

There must be something wrong. Ususally, CVS does the conversion correctly
in both cases. I have used CVS in the past without problems in an
environment where the server was running on Unix and some clients on
Windows. CVS always did the right thing for text files. You may want to
check the versions of your CVS binaries.

> Is this not a legitimate reason to use -kb?

Certainly not, -kb is intended for *binary* files.

Joachim

--
work:     joachima at netacquire.com   (http://www.netacquire.com)
private:  joachim at kraut.ca          (http://www.kraut.ca)