[Cvsnt] ntserver and aliasses

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Fri Jan 18 10:36:32 GMT 2002

jml at nykredit.dk wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using cvsnt with the ntserver access method and would like to have
> some kind of alias (a logical name like "ourcvs") for the ntserver-machine.
> All NT-servers in my company are named from a naming scheme as NKM18xxx
> where xxx is a unique number. This is the machines IP-alias as well. I can
> make a new IP-alias, and this works fine if I use the pserver access method
> (ie. :pserver:me at ourcvs:d:/source).
> But if I try with ntserver (:ntserver:ourcvs:d:/source) I get an error
> message "Error connecting to server on \\ourcvs...."
>
> I guess this is because the ntserver access method is not using tcp/ip but
> somthing like smb?

I know you can make aliases in samba, but I suspect your domain
controllers are not Linux boxes :-)  NT4 definately can't do it, but
it's possible that Active Directory can do something like it... you'd
need to find an AD expert to answer that one, though.

"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh at nothing-on.tv
http://www.nothing-on.tv