[Cvsnt] Recursive edit - again

Bill Rust brust at symyx.com
Fri Jan 18 16:52:39 GMT 2002

Hi Tony,

I had tracked this bug down to a problem in expand_wild() in file windows-NT/filesubr.c.  As I recall, the function assumes the working directory always refers to the directory where the Edit command was invoked, when in fact the working directory is being changed to each subdirectory as the recursion progresses.  As soon as it tries to access a file in a subdirectory, an invalid file path is generated.

I fixed this by removing the directory information from the file-spec in expand_wild() before attempting to find the file.  I sent you a diff file with my changes, but it sounds like you had problems with my fix.  I have not noticed any negative side-effects from the change, so I'm curious what bugs my patch introduced.

Regards,
Bill