[Cvsnt] checkout -d doesn't work for nested directories?

Muselix Toad Frog muselix at angelfire.com
Mon Jan 21 22:20:35 GMT 2002

I'm using CVS 1.11.1.3 Beta 4 (Build 45) on Windows 2k Service Pack 2 for both my client and server machines.

What I'm trying to do is use some files from a previous project in my current project, so I'm trying to checkout a couple of modules into a  directory in the new project.
Can anyone tell me why this works:
C:\Junk\Nemesis>cvs checkout -d ./blah Zaxxon/src/zaxxon/action/Action.java
U ./blah/Action.java

But this doesn't:
C:\Junk\Nemesis>cvs checkout -d ./blah/toad Zaxxon/src/zaxxon/action/Action.java

cvs server: cannot chdir to blah: No such file or directory
cvs server: ignoring module Zaxxon/src/zaxxon/action/Action.java

What I'd like to do is place Action.java into c:\Junk\Nemesis\src\zaxxon\action.  I've browsed through the mailing list archives and haven't seen anything like this, and the CVS manual seems to say it should work (even warning to use -N to avoid having empty directories collapse).  Any ideas?
Thanks!

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com