[Cvsnt] I'm [almost] positive pserver w/ impersonation is broken

Rob rhd at sparta.com
Tue Jan 22 23:18:29 GMT 2002

Hi,

Sorry to be posting so many msgs... but I'm pretty sure there are issues
w/ pserver and impersonation w/ the latest beta (build 45).

What I did was go ahead and install win2k sp2 for testing (I was using
XP).

I disabled ntserver/impersonation.  Added a user named 'test' and added
him to the 'CVSUsers' group.  (of course pserver and pserver
impersonation is enabled and cvsnt restarted)

I then created a repository at 'c:\cvs' and allowed Administrators and
fully denied both 'CVSUsers' and 'test'. (all modules and stuff like
that also have the same permissions)

The 'Root' file of the module on the client machine (this machine)
contains:
:pserver:cvs\test at cvs:/c//cvs

WinCVS preferences CVSROOT also contains:
cvs\test at cvs:/c//cvs

so, i'm pretty sure i'm logging in as 'test' and therefore should be
DENIED.... but this is not the case... I have FULL adminstrative privs
when I log in (add modules/update/etc)

The computer name is CVS and he is on a Domain called 'MCLEAN'

I'm I being a total idiot or is something not right here?  If it's the
1st I'm REALLY sorry...

Thanks...  CVSNT rocks... if I could only get it to work the way I want
it too!  :D

-Rob