[Cvsnt] Beta 4 (build 45) server doesn't start

Marcus Picasso marcus.picasso at miotec.fi
Thu Jan 24 08:26:35 GMT 2002

Hi,

1) I still want to bring out, that build 41 has no problem binding to the
port, so I don't think there is anything attached to the port.

2) Should I be able to compile the thing (for instance the Beta 5 tar-ball
or from cvs.cvsnt.org) out of the box? I get the following error trying to
build Beta 5:

--------------------Configuration: pserver_protocol - Win32
Release--------------------
Compiling...
common.c
E:\cvs-1.11.1NT\protocols\common.c(55) : error C2079: 'hint' uses undefined
struct 'addrinfo'
E:\cvs-1.11.1NT\protocols\common.c(58) : error C2224: left of '.ai_flags'
must have struct/union type

Seems that struct addrinfo isn't declared.. Different headerfiles or
something?

If I can build, then I could try to debug the thing on the server which
causes the bind problem.

3) Had a quick look at the code, and am wondering:
In Service.cpp, line 370- there is:
        if(!g_Sockets.size())
        {
                ReportError(TRUE,"All socket binds failed.");
                if(!g_bTestMode)
                        NotifySCM(SERVICE_STOPPED,0,1);
                return;
        }
Why is this checked here, and not inside the if(AuthServer) clause? I don't
seem to run AuthServer, so isn't the g_Sockets gonna be empty at this stage,
causing the server to exit always?

Regards,
-Marcus.

news:3c4ed2b5.1748241140 at tony-home...