[Cvsnt] Adding commiting username in loginfo mail

Jonas Bergvall jonas.bergvall at ibitec.se
Wed Jan 23 17:27:12 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm using the following line in CVSROOT\loginfo to send emails with the commit info:

^cvsroot        perl -S cvs_loginfo_email.pl "%{sVv}" CVS jonasb

The Perl script is a modified script from the DevGuy package. The two last arguments are special. Second from the end is the username to be used in the FROM field in the mail. The last argument is a comma separated list of recipents. As you can see I use "CVS" as the sending user, but I would like to have the commiting users name instead.

I've tried the following line hoping it would expand the environment variable USERNAME (using impersonation with pserver), but it won't do the expansion (%USERNAME% in FROM field):

^cvsroot        perl -S cvs_loginfo_email.pl "%{sVv}" %USERNAME% jonasb

How do I put the impersonated users name in the argument list? CVS username is not valid here because it might not be a valid email account (if no other choice the CVS user name is ok). Is there no variable (like %s used in CVSROOT\notify) I can use?

An alternativ could be to insert the user name in the mail body, retrieving the username in the Perl script instead. This could be the CVS username or the impersonated users user name. The question is then how to get the user name in the script.

Thanks in advance!

Jonas