[Cvsnt] No Such User Questio

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu Jan 31 14:33:33 GMT 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:59:59 +0000 (UTC), "ggo" <ggo98 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>AFAIK, the user (frosty) must be declared in the Windows NT users list, eve=
>if using pserver. For the pserver mode, I don't know if the Windows passwor=
>has to match the password in the passwd file.
>HTH,
>Olivier.

The passwords shouldn't match the NT username and password as pserver
is insecure - anyone who sniffed the connection would then have your
login & password...   If you're not over a secure Lan it's best to use
aliases and make sure that the passwords are different (on the other
hand on a secure system you can forget about the passwd file entirely
& just set SystemAuth=Yes).