[Cvsnt] Bug Report!

Hugo Vieira de Oliveira hugovo at bol.com.br
Fri Jan 25 12:03:29 GMT 2002

    I wasn't sure it was a bug, but now I am. When using tortoiseCVS and
trying to commit (Through a network) a version that was already replaced(I
mean replace because it creates a new version of the ,v  file and replaces
the old one) by another user, tortoise does not receive any message(asking
for an update) and cvsnt, for some reason, "forgets" to close (with fclose()
or whatever) the ,v file, hence the file can´t be deleted anymore and the
new version can not "replace" the old one, also users won't be able to
commit any changes.
    I know it is a server issue because when trying to delete the ,v file
windows reports a share violation, and when stoping and restarting the
server everything goes back to normal. Aparently it hapens only with
conflicts through a network. If someone tests what I just described
commiting from the same machine cvsnt is running in, he probably won´t find
the bug. I don´t know cvsnt´s architecture, but I believe that the bug is in
some comunication module that can´t deal with the parameters/arguments sent
by tortoiseCVS.
     I´m using cvsnt 1.11.1.2 and tortoise 0.44. Tortoise command when
commiting is "cvs -q -z6 commit -m MyComment Teste\arquivo1.c.txt".
    Thanks for the developers( who brought this great tool to windows
world ) and sorry for the not concerned about this problem.
    Hugo