[Cvsnt] Newbie Alert: CVS Server

Tom Deprez tom.deprez at village.uunet.be
Sat Jan 26 12:06:22 GMT 2002

Hi,

I would like to use CVSNT for personally use as a CVS.
I will be the only person who uses CVS, but I develop on several machines,
so I need to have access to the CVS from all of them.
After installation, I stumbled against some questions, I hope some people
can help me:

1. Is there a way to not use authentication at all? So that no password/user
has to be given for accessing the CVS?
2. Can I use the CVS server and a CVS Client on the same machine? I've read
about both possible answers, but is there a real big problem when they run
both on the same machine?
3. In the Control Panel, you've to check the possible authentications. What
happens if I uncheck them all? And forgive my dumbsiness, what do the
'impersonation' checkboxes mean?

Thanks in advance,
tom