[Cvsnt] Upgrade problem from 1.11.3.1 beta 4 to beta 6

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 30 23:03:42 GMT 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:47:48 +0000 (UTC), "Kari Hoijarvi"
<hoijarvi at me.wustl.edu> wrote:

>OK, after Bernard Nisets advice I put my password to the
>CVSROOT/passwd file without encryption and I can log in.
>
>But another problem popped up: somehow the repository prefix does not work
>anymore.
>
>I used to have
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver]
>"RepositoryPrefix"="F:/"
>"Repository0"="F:/SCM"
>
>and use /SCM as the root. Now I had to delete the prefix,
>use F:\SCM in login, and edit the root files to get CVS to
>work. Somehow I was able to login using the prefix, but
>update didn't work.
>
>This is a bug too, right?
>
>I'll guess, that we get beta 7 soon.
>
>Kari

The issue with prefix is not a bug. If you use the prefix 'F:/' then
your checkout cvsroot should only contain SCM as the root otherwise it
expands to F://SCM and generates an error. The CVSNT server pastes
together the prefix string with what you set as the repository root,
and if both contain the / you wind up with // (=error).

Then, if you have a module checked out with prefix disabled and then
enable it on the server you have to go over all the CVS/Root files in
your module sandbox and change the entry there. The cvsroot stored
here is what was used on checkout and is later used for updates and
commits etc. So it is probably F:/SCM and should be changed to only
SCM

No new beta needed for this, but for the password thing probably...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)