[Cvsnt] using CVSNT for large binaries

Cédric Le Dressay cledressay at eugensystems.com
Tue Jul 2 10:52:24 BST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bertrand Denoix" <bertrand.denoix at kalimagroup.com>
To: "C=E9dric Le Dressay" <cledressay at eugensystems.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 11:37 AM
Subject: RE : [Cvsnt] using CVSNT for large binaries

> If you don't keep previous versions why do you keep them in CVS? Just
> another case of "when your only tool is a hammer, all screws look like
> nails?"

Just because we have more than 500 binaries that may change each day.
Cvs is a software configuration management system not just a history of
changes logger.
Plus it makes everything consistent, any user on the project can easily get
an up to date version without having to struggle through many different
software.