[Cvsnt] A few newbie's questions.

Bertrand Denoix bertrand.denoix at kalimagroup.com
Tue Jul 2 15:14:18 BST 2002

> 1. Wich is the sense to create several repositories? I understand that

> I need to redefine users and passwords for each new repository. Is it
> right?

Well ,you can have several teams of developers who don't need to access
the code of another project. You can also plan for a future split in
development, and having separate repositories is preparing for the time
when you will need separate CVS servers.

> 2. Do I have to create one repository for each project? I call
> project, every product that my compny produce.

Everybody has his own view on this. My personal opinion is that a
repository should be self-sufficient, in the sense that everything in it
can be rebuilt using only the repository contents (and external
libraries). However, it is sometimes a good idea to consider part of a
project a separate project, like for instance, base routines/classes, so
a big project can be split in two of more projects, the base set (or
sets) of libraries on one hand, and other programs which use them on the
other.