[Cvsnt] cvsweb: Error: Failed to spawn GNU rlog on......SOLUT

Jones, David G DavidG.Jones at gbr.xerox.com
Mon Jul 8 09:55:11 BST 2002

For cvswebnt to work you need to specify a separate lock directory in the
CVSROOT/config file:

--8<--

# Put CVS lock files in this directory rather than directly in the
repository.
LockDir=d:\cvslocks

--8<--

Create this directory and lock files will be placed there.

You need to do this because you'll have (rightly) set up the account that
cvsWebNT runs under to have read only access to the repository - hence it's
unable to create lock files.  By using the LockDir you can grant *full
control* to everyone on 'd:\cvslocks' and cvswebnt will be able to create
the lock files it needs.

hth

Dave