[Cvsnt] How to commit a change to multiple branches

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Jul 9 12:12:13 BST 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 06:48:39 +0000 (UTC),
Sven.Issberner at de.heidelberg.com ("Issberner, Sven 3767 S-PP-RD-E3")
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a module with multiple branches that will
>never be merged. Now I have to change one file and
>want that change to take affect on all branches.
>How can I achieve this ?

If you want to do this you have to 'update' the file first, as the
difference between the two branches has to be factored in:

1. change the trunk
2. commit the trunk
3. switch to the branch: cvs update -r file.txt
4. change the branch
5. commit the branch