[Cvsnt] CVS allowed me to commit file with conflicts

John Hall John.Hall at optionexist.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 12:19:05 BST 2002

I have cvsnt 1.11.1.3 (57f) running on Windows 2000. I just did a commit fr=
om Linux which has standard cvs 1.11. As it turned out the big merge I had =
just done had a number of conflicts which I had missed (you're only notifie=
d of conflicts on stderr, and I had only logged stdout).

How was it possible that cvs allowed files with conflicts to be committed? =
I had checked for conflicts by doing 'cvs -n up', and none of the files had=
 a C next to them.

Cheers,
John

--
OptionExist Limited.
The Irwin Centre, Scotland Road, Dry Drayton, Cambridge.