[Cvsnt] Managing production drawings through CVS

Bo Berglund bosse at agiusa.com
Sat Jul 13 00:08:44 BST 2002

CVSWeb is no good for this purpose because it requires a knowledge of the
way CVS works and it also shows way too much for these users.
I want to have something that is real easy to use and does not require a lot
of
management on the part of the engineering people. Still the production folks
should be able to get the correct version of any drawing based on their
needs.

I have already started to specify how this can be done from a separate
application
so that the CVS system can be used and still the program will not show too
much
information. It will be a separate application using the cvs.exe from CVSNT
as a
client called from a GUI where the document handling is done.

I can't 'hack' CVSWeb because I am no good at Perl programming. But I think
can makea credible system using Delphi, so that is what I will do.

/Bo