[Cvsnt] Couldn't connect to named pipe... error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jul 26 22:57:23 BST 2002

What happens if you try the sspi protocol instead?
Supposedly this will not use the named pipes so the shared drive
workaround will not be needed.

I am rally interested to hear what comes out of this test so please
send me all details about the CVSNT server config and the client
(WinCvs) setup if you are successful with sspi.

Good luck,

Bo

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:10:50 +0000 (UTC), ctyete at yahoo.com (P
DoubleYa) wrote:

>We're running CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (build 57f) on a Win2K box on our local
>domain. We've been able to connect to it from the box itself using either
>CVS command line or WinCVS 1.3 using the :ntserver protocol, and from a
>Win98 box using the :pserver protocol.
>
>When trying to connect from another Win2K box, we get
>cvs [update aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine:
>Error 2
>
>This error is mentioned in the CVSNT FAQ. The proposed solution is to
>share a directory between the server and the client, thus establishing
>trust between the two machines on the domain.
>
>However, the company we're working at does not allow us to share
>directories between computers--it's a rule applied across the domain. We
>can map to specified servers under the IT group's control, but this is
>local workstation.
>
>Wondering if anyone has a second option for working around this problem.
>
>Thanks
>Patrick

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)