[Cvsnt] Securiting the CVSROOT

Edward Sumerfield esumerfd at spam.poboxes.com
Wed Jul 31 01:32:34 BST 2002

I am publishing my CVSNT root out to the web using the jcvslet servlet. I
would like to make the servlet login to CVS using an NT user id that only
has read access to the cvsroot tree.

When I restrict the disk in this fashion I get an authentication error
claiming no access to cvsroot/CVSROOT/config. I have tried giving the NT
user read and write to this file with no success.

The only other config was to make sure that the NT user had modify to the
cvstemp dir that the server was configured with.

Any ideas?

Ed