Vedr.: [Cvsnt] Redirecting CVS output

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 4 07:12:15 BST 2002

What do you mean by "everything"?
Do you mean that the contents of the files also should be sent to the
console? What about binary files then?

You can try the -p option, it pipes the files to standard output, but
be aware of the problems with binary files. If you have binary files
there you will get problems.
If you then add the file redirection like > yourfile.txt it sends the
files to this file, but for some reason the dividers are still on the
screen. Maybe a bug in cvsnt implementation?

cvs co -p Yourmodule > yourmodule.txt

This gets a screen with the dividers and names and all else (the
files) go to the file.

/Bo

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 05:23:05 +0000 (UTC), "Jasmeet S. Virdi"
<virdi at softhome.net> wrote:

>tried that . doesn;t help much ..
>try it yourself and c .. i want everything in the console ..
>
>ne pointers neone ..
>
>-js
><jml at nykredit.dk> wrote in message
>news:OF50407587.06479385-ONC1256BCD.002E6545 at nykreditnet.net...
>
>You redirect output from cvs like you redirect output from everything else
>using the greater-than character > like in cvs update > cvsoutput.txt
>
>J=F8rgen M=F8ller Larsen - Nykredit Data - Koncernmetode og Arkitektur (KMF=

>Hi all,
>    Have a minor query, how can i redirect a CVS output to a file that can
>examined later. The requirement has risen cos i run a CVS update at 4:00 am
>in the morning from a CVS server placed in another continent. I have
>automated the process but can't trap the output to a file to examine later.
>    Ne other pointer too would b gud ..
>
>thanx
>-jasmeet

/Bo