Vedr.: Re: Vedr.: [Cvsnt] Redirecting CVS output

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Tue Jun 4 09:02:11 BST 2002

On NT redirecting stdout and stderr to the same fil is done like this:

cvs update 1 > file 2>&1

Jørgen Møller Larsen - Nykredit Data - Koncernmetode og Arkitektur (KMF-V)
- Telefon: +45 9635 5069 - email: jml at nykredit.dk

                    torsten at tiscal
                    i.dk                 Til:    "Jasmeet S. Virdi" <virdi at softhome.net>, cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
                    Sendt af:            cc:
                    cvsnt-admin at cv       Vedr.:  Re: Vedr.: [Cvsnt] Redirecting CVS output
                    snt.org

                    2002-06-04
                    09:21
                    Besvar
                    venligst til
                    torsten

Try

   cvs > x 2> y

This redirects stdout into 'x' and stderr into 'y'.
(Under Windows, theres AFAIK no way to redirect both stdout and stderr into
the same file).

-Torsten