[Cvsnt] "edit -c" on a mac client?

Egil Helland egil at egil.net
Wed Jun 5 00:38:34 BST 2002

On Tuesday, June 4, 2002, at 10:59 PM, Torsten Martinsen wrote:

>>> No, but you can always add
>>>
>>>    edit -c
>>>
>>> to your .cvsrc file.
>>
>> I have tried this, as well as using the command line window from the
>> Mac GUI
>> to type in "cvs edit -c <filename>" and it seems the MAC client tries
>> handle the "edit -c" command but can't.  It just spits out the "correct
>> format" for the edit command: "edit -lR a" standard options and
>> explanation.
>> My understanding of the .cvsrc file was that it set the default
>> switches for
>> commands (so that if I used the above .cvsrc file when I type "edit"
>> it is
>> the equivilent of typing "edit -c"), but I may be misunderstanding the
>> .cvsrc file.
>>
>> Should I be able to execute "edit -c <filename>" from the MacCVS
>> "command
>> line window" when it is connected to a CVSNT server?  I would have
>> thought,
>> but...
>
> No, like I said before the version of CVS on the server does not
> matter. On the *client* side, you need to use the CVSNT branch (I don't
> know if anybody has made CVSNT binaries for Mac, though - the CVSNT
> site offers binaries for Windows and Unix).

Hmm, I have been looking around also for a CVSNT client for Mac... Its
really a pity that CVS is so low on priority in the Mac world...!
If you find a mac CVSNT client anywhere, please notify this list Chris.

Which client do you use btw? The command line, MacCVS, CVL or MacCVS Pro?

Re,

Egil

--
egil helland / it consultant (mcse, web technology)
web: ikon.as / egil.net