[Cvsnt] cvs import problem

patrick ficheux patrick.ficheux at bigfoot.com
Sat Jun 8 22:32:13 BST 2002

try cvs -H import !!!!!!

cvs -H import
Usage: cvs import [-d] [-k subst] [-I ign] [-m msg] [-b branch]
    [-W spec] repository vendor-tag release-tags...
        -d      Use the file's modification time as the time of import.
        -k sub  Set default RCS keyword substitution mode.
        -I ign  More files to ignore (! to reset).
        -b bra  Vendor branch id.
        -m msg  Log message.
        -W spec Wrappers specification line.
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

-I ! => ignore yours local ".cvsignore" files

tips: a very useful option => -d

question: why -d option doesn't exist for "add" command ? ("cvs add files"
always use the current time for files, never the original "modification
time")