[Cvsnt] CVSNT installation on W2K with Bo Berglunds installation tips.

Dries De Moor dries.demoor at yucom.be
Sun Jun 9 19:11:07 BST 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to install cvsnt and wincvs on a Windows 2000 Prof. I searched
the internet and I found the documents on www.devguy.com and
w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/installcvsnt.html

I followed the last document I mentioned above. Setting the repository, init
it, getting the service to run is no problem. But is I type the following
command cvs passwd -a Dries I get the following error:
Error 1231 Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine.

I have several partitions(only one FAT32). Can it be a problem to install
cvsnt on c: drive and the repository on f: drive?

I even tried it at my machine at the office too. There my hard disk is FAT32
filesystem. And there it works. Although the document says you have to use
NTFS. ( You need NTFS if you want to set security to some of the modules in
the repository. Is this correct?)

Can somebody explain me what is going wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Dries De Moor