[Cvsnt] .perms file error msg "cannot open ... Permission Denied"

John Goehringer jgoehrin at sct.com
Mon Jun 10 20:00:33 BST 2002

I've run into this before. The client side execution of the edit
command ends up forming file names using the repository,
and ends up looking for the optional .perms file.

If the repository has a drive in the specification that maps to an
offline device on the client (like an empty CD-ROM), you get
the Permission denied error.

A quick workaround is to insert a data cd in the cd-rom drive.

I think another possible workaround with the latest cvsnt server
is to enable the repository prefix. With the prefix in place the
client does not have the D:, and the file specs formed default to
looking at the current drive.

John Goehringer

news:4.3.2.7.2.20020610104939.00b986a8 at pop3.amicomm.net...