[Cvsnt] .perms file error msg "cannot open ... Permission Denied"

John Goehringer jgoehrin at sct.com
Tue Jun 11 14:08:29 BST 2002

Tony - Here is a patch to edit.c for this problem. I think that I have seen
this
with cvs export also, but I need to confirm.

John Goehringer

diff -c edit-patched/edit.c edit-orig/edit.c
*** edit-patched/edit.c Wed Apr 10 19:00:12 2002
--- edit-orig/edit.c Thu Mar 07 00:41:44 2002
***************
*** 500,506 ****
   err += start_recursion (check_fileproc, (FILESDONEPROC) NULL,
                              (DIRENTPROC) NULL, (DIRLEAVEPROC) NULL, NULL,
                              argc, argv, local, W_LOCAL, 0, 0, (char
*)NULL,
!                             0, (current_parsed_root->isremote) ? NULL :
verify_write);

  #ifdef CLIENT_SUPPORT
      if (current_parsed_root->isremote)
--- 500,506 ----
   err += start_recursion (check_fileproc, (FILESDONEPROC) NULL,
                              (DIRENTPROC) NULL, (DIRLEAVEPROC) NULL, NULL,
                              argc, argv, local, W_LOCAL, 0, 0, (char
*)NULL,
!                             0, verify_write);

  #ifdef CLIENT_SUPPORT
      if (current_parsed_root->isremote)
***************
*** 717,723 ****
      err = start_recursion (edit_fileproc, (FILESDONEPROC) NULL,
        (DIRENTPROC) NULL, (DIRLEAVEPROC) NULL, NULL,
        argc, argv, local, W_LOCAL, 0, 0, (char *)NULL,
!       0, (current_parsed_root->isremote) ? NULL : verify_write);
      err += send_notifications (argc, argv, local);
      }

--- 717,723 ----
      err = start_recursion (edit_fileproc, (FILESDONEPROC) NULL,
        (DIRENTPROC) NULL, (DIRLEAVEPROC) NULL, NULL,
        argc, argv, local, W_LOCAL, 0, 0, (char *)NULL,
!       0, verify_write);
      err += send_notifications (argc, argv, local);
      }

*** 884,890 ****
      err = start_recursion (unedit_fileproc, (FILESDONEPROC) NULL,

news:5158BC6D771ED3118D6200508B2C2722395BAD at gbrxmsms01.bh.gbr.xerox.com...