[Cvsnt] Timestamp problem (GMT?)

Roland Berger roland.berger at aloba.ch
Tue Jun 11 15:30:12 BST 2002

Hi all

A lot has been written to the GMT/DST problem but for me nothing seems to
work.

My Environment:
---------------
Server:
CVS Version: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57d)
(client/server)
OS: Windows NT Server with SP6

Client:
CVS Client: WinCVS1.3beta8build1
OS: Windows 2000 Professional

Location:
GMT+1
DST: yes

My Problem:
-----------

When I create a file and add it to the repository the timestamp retrived on
the server by looking at the file property is correct.
BUT after checkout the same file to a working directory things get strange:

a) The timestap of the checkedout file, retrived from the file property, is
two (2) hours behind the local time.
b) The timestap which wincvs1.3 displays is four (4) hours behind.

The same situation persists with an without registry entry on the client
machine: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CVS\Client]
"GmtTimestamps"=dword:00000001

The situation is a bit better when using cvs.exe which comes with WinCVS1.2.
The timestamps of the file on the file system on the server and client are
in synch. (retrived with file property)
BUT in the WinCVS GUI the timestamp is two (2) hours behind.

Please help.

Thank's to all who can give me a hint how to solve the problem.

Roland

PS: Can I use WinCVS1.3 as a Client on Windows 2000 when CVS itself runs on
Linux?

Roland Berger
Softwareentwickler

aloba ag