[Cvsnt] pserver broken?

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Jun 12 11:56:09 BST 2002

"Anthony Williams" <anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
news:ae72m2$6vg$1 at sisko.nothing-on.tv...
> "Anthony Williams" <anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
> news:ae6skn$sc$1 at sisko.nothing-on.tv...
> > "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote in message
> > news:3d06603a.1112100265 at news.cvsnt.org...

> > it
> > gives
> > w2k

> > > Did you copy in the fresh protocol dll:s too?
> >

> > Yes. I just did a complete uninstall, and then reinstalled it, and the
> > problem persists.
>

> Just to add to the description:
>
> The problem lies in server.c switch_to_user --- the call to putenv for
> LOGNAME (env="LOGNAME=EUROPE\ANTHWIL" in my case) causes the access
> violation. I haven't worked out the cause or a fix yet.

However, the use of cvs_putenv in the CVS version fixes the problem.

Note that in pserver.c, the char array (username_buffer) in
get_pserver_username needs to be a static variable (as in my second patch),
not an auto variable (as in CVS, and in my first patch).

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd