[Cvsnt] transferring a repository from linux to cvsnt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 11 21:44:13 BST 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:40:42 +0000 (UTC), Allen Gordon
<a.gordon at cablelabs.com> wrote:

>Some time ago I raised the issue about transfering a repository containing =
>binary files from linux to cvsnt.  The problem was that the binaries were c=
>orrupted.  They were originally transferred via a tar file and opened on th=
>e windoze machine.  As an alternative, I transferred the unpacked archive f=
>rom the linux box to the proper directory in the cvsnt tree via ftp.  That =
>worked!  The binaries were not corrupted.
>
>Allen

And the solution was that the TAR file was opened with WinZip that in
default setting assumes too much about some binary files and treats
them as text files adding these line endings.
There is a setting in WinZip configuration that cures this problem.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)