[Cvsnt] RE: Possible bug in cvs export -f?

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Thu Jun 13 18:04:28 BST 2002

I thought this might be server related but with my WinXP client using
1.11.1.3 (Build 57d) against a locally running server, same CVSNT
version obviously, I still get the export failure.

C:\Program Files\CVS for NT>cvs -d ":ntserver:aczarnowski1:d:/cvs"
export -f -r
mytag cvstraining
cvs [export aborted]: no such tag mytag
cvs export: invalid data from cvs server

C:\Program Files\CVS for NT>cvs -t -d ":ntserver:aczarnowski1:d:/cvs"
export -f
-r mytag cvstraining
 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:ntserver:aczarnowski1:d:/cvs
S-> do_module (cvstraining, Updating, , )
S-> do_module (cvstraining, Updating, , )
S-> Create_Admin (., cvstraining, d:/cvs/cvstraining, mytag, , 0, 0)
S<- Create_Admin
cvs [export aborted]: no such tag mytag
cvs export: invalid data from cvs server

In the same environment a 'cvs -d ":ntserver:aczarnowski1:d:/cvs" export
-r HEAD cvstraining' works as expected.  Any comments or troubleshooting

--Aric