[Cvsnt] cvsweb NT setup error

Jason jason at nospam.com
Thu Jun 13 19:21:06 BST 2002

By coincidence, I just got done successfully installing CVSWeb on IIS today.
I'm using domain authentication.

Start with the instructions on
http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm#CVSWEBIIS.  They're
pretty good, and will get you 95-100% "there".

There is a fairly significant "gotcha" and it has to do with calls the
cvsweb.cgi makes to rlog and other external apps.  When I set up my
repository, I took the "Everyone" user out of the security list and just put
in the domain groups I wanted to have access to the source code.  But what
happens is that when cvsweb.cgi calls rlog, rdiff, etc. it does so as the
user that the IIS service is started under, probably the System user.  If
you get a list of your repositories but get an error that rlog is bombing
out, then make sure that the System user (or whatever account the IIS
service is started under), has read permission to your repository folder.
Once I did this, everything came up fine.

Good Luck!

"Sunny Ouyang" <ouyang at orion-sys.com> wrote in message
news:aeaml6$ruo$1 at sisko.nothing-on.tv...
> Hi Everyone,
> I used the documentation on
> http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm#CVSWEBIIS
> to setup our cvsweb.  However, when I run the web site
cvsweb.asc-tech.com,