[Cvsnt] Can't authenticate using SSPI

Gleske, Paul 6151 DUR HWS Paul.Gleske at us.heidelberg.com
Fri Jun 14 14:42:27 BST 2002

I've got CVSNT installed on a NT40 sp5 box.  I've been connecting using ntserver because its the only thing that seems to work.  We are on a domain called HWUELEC and my login is gleskepa.  Both my workstation (Win2k SP2) and the server are logged into the domain (different accounts of course).

Here's an example of what happens when I try SSPI:

	C:\bar>cvs -t -d :sspi:HWUELEC\gleskepa at pcpcbld1:/test log
	 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:HWUELEC\gleskepa at pcpcbld1:/test
	cvs [log aborted]: unrecognized auth response from pcpcbld1: cvs [server aborted]: Authentication failed

When I use ntserver it works:

	C:\bar>cvs -t -d :ntserver:pcpcbld1:/test log

I am interested in sspi as all the documentation says that this is better.

Any ideas?

tia,

-pkg

Paul K Gleske