[Cvsnt] Editor problem using CVSNT 1.11.1.3 build 57d on Win2K

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jun 17 10:49:05 BST 2002

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv> wrote in message
news:pan.2002.06.14.22.04.11.750510.965 at nothing-on.tv...
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:08:18 +0100, Craig Barkhouse wrote:
>
> > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -- --
> > [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] Hi,
> >
> > I'm using the console-based VIM as my preferred editor (I've got "cvs -e
> > vim" in my .cvsrc).  I'm having the following problem on Win2K.  When I
> > do a commit, my editor launches, but there is no output at all to the
> > console.  Using blind keystrokes, I can quit my editor.  That's when I
> > see the error message "Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal".  (Not
> > sure why I see the error message only then, not earlier.)
> >
> OK I've tried with vim and it seems that if vim sees that it is talking
> to a pipe (as it is in this case) it supresses its output, which isn't
> very useful.  I've put in a workaround for this case.

A related problem appears on Solaris clients --- they don't automatically
invoke the editor (or maybe they do, but it just quits immediately), and
consequently cvsnt displays "Log message unchanged or unspecified", and
selecting "(e)dit" just repeats the prompt.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd