[Cvsnt] Another auth issue

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Jun 19 16:00:45 BST 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:26:13 +0000 (UTC), "Gleske, Paul   6151 DUR
HWS" <Paul.Gleske at us.heidelberg.com> wrote:

>That was it, thanks.  I just added SYSTEM, with full permission, to each of=
> the CVSLock, CVSRep, and CVSTemp directories and it works fine.  I noticed=
> that adding SYSTEM to my CVSAdmins group did not work, even after a reboot=
>.  Does this mean that the SYSTEM account can't/doesn't belong to any group=
>s?  Does it make sense to have the service started by one of my CVSAdmins a=
>ccounts?

System is special, so it might not be able to be a member of any
groups.  You can start the service under another account, which should
work OK - you'll need to give it 'Create a system level token'
privilege if you're using pserver.