[Cvsnt] new feature: Unix-attributes with CVSNT ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Mon Jun 24 13:33:04 BST 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:02:53 +0000 (UTC), MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
("Matthias Mohr") wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm using the CVSNT-server with Unix (Linux & Solaris)-clients.
>Now I have the problem, that CVSNT forgets the Unix- file attributes
>of my files; especially for shell-scripts which have the executable-flag
>set.
>Would it be possible for CVSNT-server to save such attributes and
>give it back when any cvs-client is asking for such files ?
>
>I know, that the NT-security attributes don't have such executable-flags,
>but I'm asking for a new feature :-)
>
>Or does anybody know a trick how to do this ?

It's not that easy, as there's currently nowhere to store such
information.  It would require extensions to the RCS file format...
possible, but it'll probably be a while.

I was under the impression that the Unix server didn't do this either
any more - the The PreservePermissions stuff has been commented out
for a while because of bugs in it.