[Cvsnt] new feature: Unix-attributes with CVSNT ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Mon Jun 24 19:25:00 BST 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:43:00 +0000 (UTC), MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
("Matthias Mohr") wrote:

>Hi Tony,
>
>> I was under the impression that the Unix server didn't do this either
>> any more - the The PreservePermissions stuff has been commented out
>> for a while because of bugs in it.
>Hmm, when I add a shell-script with executable flag set in a v1.11.1p1
>Unix CVS-server and check that file out again (of course in a different
>directory), it  it still has the executable-flag.

I can't find any code that meaningfully stores that info in the Unix
code.  The returned mode is always 'u=rw,g=rw,o=rw' for every case
that I can trace.

A test on the v1.11.1p1 server here reset the executable bit on the
file that I tried it on.  It's possible yours is compiled with the
preserve permissions stuff on (most of that is ripped out of cvsnt
because it doesn't work properly).