[Cvsnt] Does a CVSNT server have to be a domain controller to use pserver

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Jun 26 10:05:44 BST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:53:08 +0100, Dan Castenholz wrote:

> I get:
>
> cvs [login aborted]: Cannot login: Server has insufficient rights to
> validate user account - contact your system administrator
>
> whenever I use pserver from Solaris.  ntserver and sspi work fine from
> windows.  Server is a member server in an NT4 domain that has a one way
> trust to the user domain (another NT4 domain).

The account that the cvsnt service is running under needs 'Create a
system level token' privilege to use pserver.  The System account has
this by default normally.  I don't think the trust system makes much
difference - I've run clients that are on trusted domains and it seems to
work, but that's always been bidirectional trust.