[Cvsnt] NTFS permission for anonymous access

Rob MacFadyen rmacfadyen at rogers.com
Sat Jun 29 02:56:53 BST 2002

Hi all,

I want to configure anonymous access to a cvsnt repository but I haven't been
able to.

What I have:
win2k server (standalone not a member of a domain)
c:\cvs\project1
c:\cvslocks
c:\cvstmp

I run the service under IUSR_CVSNT which is a member of the administrators
group.

On the control panel I've set the following:
listen on tcp/ip -> checked
listen on named pipes -> checked
impersonation -> checked
use local users instead of domain -> checked

I want to create two user groups:
CVSDevelopers
CVSAnonymous

I want to make my developers members of CVSDevelopers group. They should be able
to do checkout, commit, update.

I want to create an NT user called Anonymous and have it belong to the
CVSAnonymous group and not the CVSDeveloper group. The anonymous user should be
able to do check out and update but not commit.

So... how should I set the ntfs permission on c:\cvs, c:\cvs\project1,
c:\cvslocks, c:\cvstmp? What about the "Everyone" access permission? Should that
be removed? Left alone? Changed?

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Rob MacFadyen