[Cvsnt] (no subject)

Alex Zoro alexzoro at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:16:00 BST 2002

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so I apologise in advance if I ask anything thats
obvious to everyone else.

I work at a video games company where we use cvs with a vendor branch to
manage source code for a third party game engine.

We run WinCVS 1.3.7.1 on Win 2000, and cvsnt on the NT server.  We access
the repositry using the :ntserver: protocol.  Note that the server has
several cvs repositries, only one of which is used by our game team /
department.

We have files that we would like to revert back to the vendor versions by
using a "cvs admin -bTheFile.c" command.

When trying to perform this command I get the following error:
"cvs [admin aborted]: usage is restricted to repository administrators"

According to my understanding of the above, I can't run the command because
the server is checking the NTFS permissions on the server, and so won't
allow me to perform this operation.

I can't get regular access to the server, so need to be able to change the
setup so that I can perform this command from my remote machine.  Ideally,
I'll be able to change the setup on our repositry without affecting the
setup for the other repositries on the server.

Some of the docs I've found online indicate that I should be checking things
out on the server, and maybe changing a SystemAuth variable.  We arn't
running WinCVS on the server though, so I'm a little unsure about how to do
this.

I'd be quite happy to completely remove all the permissions on our repositry
if thats an easy way to allow admin commands from a remote machine.

How should I go about changing the setup.

Thanks,
Alex Zoro

Alex Zoro
alexzoro at hotmail.com