[Cvsnt] Cannot _checkout_ from Windows NT-Server (pserver)

Thomas Singer singer at dcs-systeme.de
Wed Mar 20 09:18:34 GMT 2002

Hello Bo,

I ran following commands (C:\test is empty):

C:\test>set HOME=%USERPROFILE%
C:\test>set CVSROOT=:pserver:singer at sol:d:\daten\projekte\geoi-2000\zzcvs
C:\test>cvs checkout -c
geoi2000    geoi2000

C:\test>cvs checkout geoi2000
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

If I build the CVS/Entries, CVS/Repository and CVS/Root myself locally, an
update fetches the files. And, if I use the same cvsnt on my machine
(instead of sol), even the checkout works fine.

Perhaps this could be the reason: I installed the cvsnt on the server and
configured it. At the first connection, it crashed with a message like
"Could not find MSVCP60.DLL". Hint: shouldn't this file be included in the
installation? I took the one from my machine (don't know, what program
installed it) and copied it to the server (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32) and from now
on the normal cvs operations work, but not the checkout.

Best regards,
Thomas Singer