[Cvsnt] Commit error in modules file. Pls help me!

Dave Jones davegjones1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 17:14:43 GMT 2002

Hi, I'm using the stable cvsnt server on windows NT4 Server with winCVS
1.2 on NT4 and I was quite happily checking cvsroot files in when I got
the following error:

cvs commit -m "Remove module def for dev" modules (in directory
H:\cvs\dev\cvsroot\)
Checking in modules;
d:/cvs/dev/cvsroot/modules,v  <--  modules
done
cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database
cvs server: cannot rename modules to .#modules: Permission denied
cvs server: cannot rename .#176 to modules: File exists

Now I can't find the .#176 file and there's no .#modules file in the
CVSROOT dir on the server!  Also, the modules file doesn't work anymore
(I can't even do cvs co -c)!  I have permission (Full permission
indeed) to the CVSROOT dir on the repository, and all the files.

Can anyone help, please?

Dave