[Cvsnt] I may be crazy but...

Paul North thepaulnorth at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 04:23:37 GMT 2002

Well, I may be crazy but I really think that a version of CVS that could run
on a web server (as servlets probably) could be very useful.

I have a problem where I work. I cannot use CVS outside of our network
because we can't logon to 2401 through the firewall.  That's a battle I
intend to address with our IS department.

If there was a version of the CVS server that could run under a web server
then it would be possible to use https to do secure checkout and commit.  I
would envision this as some kind of a client proxy.  It would take requests,
from a web page of sorts (with applets?), and act as client to a CVS server,
local or remote.

So, I have 2 questions for the group.  Has anyone heard of anyone doing
this?  I'm looking around but have had no luck so far.  The other question
is is there any doc regarding the CVSNT source that would make it easier to
pull it apart to do this?  I've opened up the project under VC++ and my oh
my!  It could take quite a while to piece that together!

I told you I may be crazy!

Paul