[Cvsnt] I may be crazy but...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Thu Mar 7 20:11:06 GMT 2002

Paul North wrote:
> Well, I may be crazy but I really think that a version of CVS that could
> run
> on a web server (as servlets probably) could be very useful.

There's nothing to stop someone writing a protocol that tunnels data
over port
80...  IMHO all this port 80 stuff is a fad perpertrated by lazy admins
who can't be bothered to open another port.... however some people seem
to be stuck with it.

You'd have to write a plugin for your chosen webserver too (or a CGI or
something).  It's not an easy task but a lot easier with the modular
protocols than it was when everything was hardcoded into the cvs exe.