[Cvsnt] Next release features

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Fri Mar 8 12:49:17 GMT 2002

I plan the .4 release to be quite a significant upgrade, so I'm
interested in the kinds of things people want in CVS that aren't in
there now.

These are my thoughts, and shouldn't be taken as anything like an
exhaustive (or even accurate) list...  Feel free to suggest others or
to trash these ideas etc.

In progress:

Active directory integration
Server side .cvsrc, etc.
server can require/request encryption or compression.
block certain commands from executing or limit to admins.

To do:

rename and copy commands (easy)
teach cvs what a directory is (medium)
mergepoint tracking (medium)
Distributed repositories (hard)

Wishlist:

Binary diff (no freely available algorythms to do this AFAIK).
Convert to C++ - not required but would simplify large chunks of code.