[Cvsnt] Update -r tag makes bad sticky tags in some circumstances.

RoD rod at sgh.waw.pl
Fri Mar 8 13:51:37 GMT 2002

Update -r tag makes bad sticky tags in some circumstances.
I think that it happens when tag contains "-0".

I use CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 57) on Windows 2000 Server.

Here is example:

Example 1) bugged

cvs tag rel-01 .
cvs update -r rel-01 .
cvs status -v rekrutacja.htm

cvs server: rekrutacja.htm is no longer in the repository
File: rekrutacja.htm    Status: Entry Invalid
   Working revision:    1.3
   Repository revision: No revision control file
   Sticky Tag:          rel- 1 - MISSING from RCS file!
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)
   Existing Tags:
        rel-01                          (revision: 1.3)

Look at Stikcy Tag ... there is a (space) instead "0".

Example 2) bugged

cvs tag rel-0-1 .
cvs update -r rel-0-1 .
cvs status -v rekrutacja.htm

cvs server: rekrutacja.htm is no longer in the repository
File: rekrutacja.htm    Status: Entry Invalid
   Working revision:    1.3
   Repository revision: No revision control file
   Sticky Tag:          rel- -1 - MISSING from RCS file!
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)
   Existing Tags:
        rel-0-1                          (revision: 1.3)

the same effect.

Example 3) correct

cvs tag rel-1-1 .
cvs update -r rel-1-1 .
cvs status -v rekrutacja.htm

File: rekrutacja.htm    Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.3
   Repository revision: 1.3
D:/CVS/ASP.NET/BoV/Temporary/rekrutacja.htm,v
   Sticky Tag:          rel-1-1 (revision: 1.3)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

   Existing Tags:
        rel-1-1                         (revision: 1.3)

rel-1-1 works ok

Greetings all
rod